Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 30, 2011

22 weeks & the Bump!


How far along? 22 weeks

Weight gain/loss: No change.

Maternity clothes? Just those comfy Old Navy maternity jeans.

Stretch marks?
None.


Sleep?
Sleep is okay, that is until those serious leg cramps kick in from 3-6 am. Ouch!


Best moment this week?
It's a tie between going shopping with my Mama and buying outfits for baby girl AND seeing my belly move. It was the weirdest, most amazing feeling so far!


Food cravings:
Chocolate


Gender:
Girl!


Belly button in or out?
I still have an "innie", but it just wants to pop out.


Movement?
The lily pie ticker at the top of my blog says that baby is doing workouts and somersaults. This is so true! I'm feeling kicks daily, maybe some hiccups and my belly moved for the 1st time. At today's appt. the midwife was using the doppler and had to move it a couple of times stating, "You've got a little wiggler in there". I was thinking, "You're telling me!". It's wonderful to have that daily reassurance that baby girl is doing well.


What I miss?
I miss being able to bend over. I can't do that too much anymore so I've been squatting more.

What I'm looking forward to:
Preparing baby girl's nursery.


Milestones: Our baby girl is the size of a papaya/coconut/spaghetti squash (every site says something different) and almost a 1 pound. Her senses of taste and touch are making good progress this week. If we could sneak a peek at our baby this week, we might see her experimenting with this newfound sense of touch-feeling her face or sucking a thumb. Our baby's reproductive system is continuing to develop. Her uterus and ovaries are now in place, and her vagina is developed. She has already made all the eggs she'll need for her own reproductive life.





No comments: