Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Unwanted Opinions

Baby girl has a name.
I didn't want to share the name with anyone because I just don't want to hear anyone's comments/opinions on the name or what they think our baby's name should be.
It's not a traditional name.
It's what we love.
She will have a "normal"/traditional middle name and actually a lovely nickname can be made out of her name.

We shared the name with a few people this past weekend. Some liked it and some just didn't. I get that not everyone will love the name and have their own opinion on the name, but I really, really, really don't want to hear what it is right now. And you know what? We're not going to change our minds 2-5 more times before our girl makes her arrival, so shush!

Some Opinions/Advice are unwanted while one is pregnant.
This goes for your thoughts/opinions on natural child birth. This is my body!
This goes for whether we should have a camera/video camera in the delivery room. Um, it's none of your business and it's our choice if we want that. No one is asking you to view the video/pictures. This is our birth!
This also goes for whether we should have a 3D ultrasound.
I don't care if it's creepy to you. If I want to do a 3D u/s then I will. You don't have to look at the pictures. This is my baby!


My friend got this outfit for her little girl that reads
"My mom doesn't want your advice".
I want that outfit! :)

Ahhh, vent over.

2 comments:

Katy said...

I was reading this and was going to tell you that Target has a onesie right now that says exactly what your friend's little girl's outfit says.

I stood at the check out for 5 minutes with the onesie in my hand, debating the purchase.

This is YOUR baby. YOU make the decisions. Plain and simple.

I can't wait for the name reveal!!!

Jessica O. said...

Oooh, I feel you girl. When I was pregnant with Aiden I really let people get under my skin with their unwanted comments. With Amelia, I learned to not even let those comments phase me as much. Unfortunately people somehow equate pregnancy (and parenting... because believe me the opinions don't stop once the kid arrives!) to being some sort of open forum where everyone thinks that you should care about what they think.

I'm sure you picked an awesome name and I can't wait to hear it. If it makes you feel better, Amelia is a pretty traditional name (or at least it's not super uncommon or anything), and yet people still felt the need to tell me that they hated it or thought it was a bad choice.

Eff them all I say. You are the mommy and everyone else just needs to shut their trap.