Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

Pregnancy and Food

Besides IBS being a foodie's worst nightmare, pregnancy falls right behind that.

I remember the days when I didn't have to double/triple check a list of fish to see if it was okay to consume it. And I didn't have to think about how much seafood I could consume per week. I didn't have to worry about my lunchmeat being warmed up. I enjoyed soft cheeses without thinking twice about it. Oh brie, I miss you. Although, I may be able to find an non-imported, pasteurized brie at the market. (Note to self: Check out cheese section next time I'm at the market). I remember being able to eat a steak just the way I like it. Sometimes a pregnant woman just wants to enjoy a steak, but I'm not going to enjoy it if it has to be well-done. Yuck. Spicy tuna rolls would be great this time of year. I miss sushi/sashimi. Raw oysters would be wonderful. And I can't wait to enjoy an over-easy egg again. It's so hard to pass the refrigerated case at the market that stores smoked fish (lox). And limiting my intake of caffeine is tough. I don't care so much about Dr. Pepper, but sometimes I just want to eat tons of chocolate. :)

::sigh:: Oh the joys of pregnancy. It'll all be worth it in the end and then I can enjoy the foods I love once again. And then it'll be fun to eventually introduce foods we love to our little girl. :)

No comments: