Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 29, 2011

35 weeks/35 days to go!

How far along? 35 weeks!

Weight gain/loss: I somehow gained 5 lbs. in 1 week & 2 days. Ack! Definitely too much weight gain in 1 week. Total weight gain is 28 lbs. I haven't worked out all week because of hemorrhoids and swollen feet, but that shouldn't be an excuse. Time to start those outdoor walks.

Maternity clothes? My mom bought me a few more shirts. I should be good now until baby girl arrives. I don't think the temps will get much cooler for maternity sweaters before she arrives. I just need to get my nursing tanks in the next few weeks.

Stretch marks?
I think I see a few around my belly button.

Sleep?
Sleep is rough at times. I will wake up in the early morning and not be able to get back to sleep for an hour or so. I still haven't taken a pregnancy nap. I'm sure I'll be napping once little one arrives. :)

Best moment this week?
Our baby shower! (Pics may one day show up on here). And doing some more shopping with my mom for essentials.

Food cravings:
Sweets.

Gender:
Female! I was having some doubts these last few weeks, but my midwife put my mind at ease last week at our appt.

Belly button in or out?
I have an "outtie".

Movement?
Lots of movement.

What I miss?
Not having to deal with hemorrhoids. Ouch. And having to put my feet up to deal with swelling. I can't wait to have my feet & hands back to normal. I had no idea that swollen ankles & fingers can be so tender and sore.

What I'm looking forward to:
Definitely NOT looking forward to the GBS test next week. ;) I'm looking forward to continuing to prepare for Olive's arrival!

Milestones: Our baby girl is about done growing length-wise (reaching around 20 inches this week), but she will continue to pack on the pounds until delivery. She doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's getting bigger. Because it's so snug in your womb, she isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times she kicks should remain about the same. Most of the physical development is complete, and all that's left is for the lungs to mature and the body fat to keep piling on. Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of her basic physical development is now complete — she'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight. That means more weight for mama. Ugh.

No comments: