Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 8, 2011

32 weeks and the Bump!

I love how different my belly looks with clothing on/off. :)

Whoa baby!

I love this shot! :)

How far along? 32 weeks

Weight gain/loss: I've gained 3 lbs. in one week. Ack. I guess my body is trying to catch up to where I "should" be AND/OR baby girl is growing, but that big of a jump is scary. Someone needs to lay off the sweets. Total weight gain 19 lbs.

Maternity clothes? I need to buy my baby shower outfit soon. Any suggestions?

Stretch marks?
None.


Sleep?
Sleep is okay. Getting out of bed in the middle of the night when I have a full bladder is rough.


Best moment this week?
Lots of stuff in preparation for Olive! Going over our birth plan with 1 of our midwives, meeting with our pediatrician, getting the house more organized (thanks for the help, mama & dad), AND having the nursery painted (pics to come soon)!!!

Food cravings:
Too many sweets!


Gender:
Female!


Belly button in or out?
I have an "outtie".

Movement?
Lots of movement, tons of hiccups, she's now found my ribs-ouch!


What I miss?
I miss not being able to wear my engagement ring. It has those sizing balls on the inside of the ring and every night it has become more difficult to take off. I'm still able to wear my wedding band though. :)

What I'm looking forward to:
Eating a medium rare steak on Thanksgiving and having an over-easy egg! :D


Milestones: Baby girl is about the size of 4 navel oranges. This week our baby is weighing in at around 4-4 1/2 pounds — which means there are only a few more pounds to go! Believe it or not, it is possible for my belly to get bigger although I just don't see how. :) Our baby's lungs are continuing to mature, producing increasing amounts of surfactant, a fatty liquid that lines the inside of the lungs and helps the sacs within expand efficiently for breathing. Our baby is also practicing sucking and swallowing (which fully coordinates between 32 and 34 weeks). She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth. My fundus height is 32cm. And baby is still head down! :)

3 comments:

Sara said...

Can't wait to see pics of the nursery!! Sounds like you have everything in place for the arrival of your little girl. You look fabulous!!

Viola said...

YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY MARVELOUS!!
XOXOXO
MAMA S

Amanda @ Click. The Good News said...

Got all your updates today from the last few weeks- you are getting to big and so close! I hope you are well and can't wait to "meet" your little one :)