Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 14, 2011

24 weeks & the Bump!

Bump looks huge compared to 2 weeks ago.


How far along? 24 weeks

Weight gain/loss: I've lost a few ounces due to food poisoning. blech. Total weight gain is 8 pounds.

Maternity clothes? I finally bought 2 maternity bras and 1 bra back extender for my strapless bra. I'm a happy girl now.

Stretch marks?
None.


Sleep?
Sleep is okay. I'm still waking up and adjusting positions a few times a night, but in the a.m. I feel well-rested.


Best moment this week?
Her movements always make me happy and put a smile on my face.


Food cravings:
None.


Gender:
Girl!


Belly button in or out?
I still have an "innie", but it seems like it is getting so close to popping out.

Movement?
Lots of movement and stronger kicks.


What I miss?
Not being out of breath at the smallest of tasks and frequent urination.

What I'm looking forward to:
Moving Dan's office up to the 3rd and getting her nursery ready!


Milestones: Our baby girl is growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon. Her hair is growing, but there is no pigment yet. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!
xoxoxo
Mama S