Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 11, 2011

Life is good

Our days are made up of eating, pooping, peeing, sleeping, crying.
And I'm not just talking about Olive. :)
Yes, I've shed a few tears. I know it's only normal since our lives have gone through a major change. Adjusting to our new normal is going to take some time.
Dan and I have also shared lots of laughs and smiles as our little girl grows before our eyes.
It's amazing how much she has changed in just a few weeks.
I think she is also going through a growth spurt. Yesterday and part of today she nursed non-stop. That made for an exhausting day.

This week, I have been squirted with poop and I have had projectile spit up hit my lips a few times. Fun stuff. Every day is different. There is never a dull moment when you have a child.

Olive is already holding her head up.
She hates being changed (diaper and clothes).
She hates baths.
She doesn't care for the pacifier right now.
She loves nursing.
She loves mommy's arms.
Yawning upsets her.
I just love her little cry when she is hungry.
I love the smiles she shows when she is sleeping.
I love all of her facial expressions.
I love the little head movement she makes when she is about to latch on.

Today she had a successful frenectomy/frenulectomy to correct her tongue tie.

Although our sleep schedule is not ideal right now I wouldn't change a thing.
I don't look forward to bedtime because I know I'll be up several times throughout the night, but she is worth the lack of sleep.
Every day is a new day, we start fresh and when I see her beautiful face the next morning I forget about how rough the night before was.

Life is good.

1 comment:

Katy said...

Awwww. Sigh. This makes me happy.