Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 9, 2010

Crafty Weekend

This weekend I was feeling crafty and needed to make a few things for my friend's daughter's birthday. I kept putting it off and finally just did it.

I made chalk!

You need toilet paper/paper towel tubes, duct tape, freezer paper and tempera paint in various colors.
And you need plaster of paris and water.

Mix water, color and plaster of paris to make pretty chalk colors.



Put liquid chalk into freezer paper-lined tubes and let sit for an hour.

Once they dry for an hour they can be removed from the tubes and then need to dry for 24 hours.

You can make your own chalk by following Martha Stewart's recipe & instructions.


I also made a washcloth puppy dog puppet. Pretty cute huh?

Puppy's ears go down.

Puppy's ears go up!
Make your own washcloth puppet by following Martha's How-To.

I found the hardest/longest part to be the hand embroidery. Good thing I took that class where I learned a few stitches or I would have been completely lost.
Note: Embroider face before you sew around the edge of the puppet. Pretty.freaking.hard to embroider the face when it's already sewn. haha



4 comments:

Sara said...

You are so crafty!! Thanks for sharing the chalk recipe!

Kimberly said...

I have a ton of tempera paints, makes me tempted to make some chalk! You did a great job on both projects!

Jessica O. said...

Everything is so cute! Definitely going to have to try out that chalk.

Amanda @ Click. The Good News said...

How cool! I never knew making chalk was that easy...and those pupppet are adorable :)