Friday, January 23, 2009

Another not so fun day

Thursday was my procedure day, but Wednesday was the worst day by far! Drinking that Half-Lytely prep drink was definitely the worst part of the last 2 days. Bleh. It had this salty taste to it that was just horrible and made me want to gag on several occasions. I used a straw, held my nose and drank 8 ounces every 10 minutes.
(All pics are with iPhone)

Self portrait

Before...All smiles!

My appointment time was at 2 p.m., but because they had some technical difficulties they didn't start my procedure until a little after 4 p.m.

My doctor took some biopsies. She also told me that part of my intestine looked similar to that of someone with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), but didn't want to confirm anything until after the results come back. She gave me some medication to block the acid in my stomach and see if that helps the nausea I've been experiencing. I will find out the results in 7-10 days and then she wants to see me in 4 weeks.

The anesthesia knocked me out! :) All I remember was the anesthesiologist saying he was going to give me a little margarita (immediately I started feeling the effects), then being rolled into the room, a guy spraying some stuff in my throat and seeing my doctor and then I was gone. :D
All I remember next was coughing, coming to and then asking Dan if I had big boobs now. :D
We were joking about it before, how like on Dr. 90210 the girls are always asking about their boobs after their surgery. ;)

I really preferred the location of my I.V., just above the wrist as opposed to on the hand.

After...not such a wide smile now.
I had just woken up and was enjoying come cookies & juice.
I was still feeling loopy..can't you tell? :)

They used this bandage that is commonly used on animals.
This is what my "kids" have on when they come back from the vet. Weird.

I'm feeling myself again. It's great being able to eat and drink anything I want!
Thank you for all of your thoughts, prayers, and vibes! ((hugs))


april said...

Glad to hear that it's all over! :: hugs :: And I doubt that many people can come out of a procedure like that looking so damn cute ;-) Hope you get some answers soon, girl...

Sara said...

I agree with you that the drink is the worst part of the whole procedure. After my procedure they diagnosed me with IBS and I took meds for about two years and now I barely suffer any symptoms so hopefully with some meds things will get better for you!!

Kimberly said...

You poor thing. I hope the results come back good.

Amanda said...

Hope you feel better now!

Azull said...

cute pics, Yeah for that being over with. That prep can't be fun,yuck.
::vibes:: for good test results.

Anonymous said...

All will be fine. Love the pics.
xoxoxo M